Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
Providing in-house legal advice to the firm, overseeing and identifying the key legal issues including:
- Advising and implementing proposed changes to the group structure, including the opening of new offices and corporate restructurings;
- Acting as the firm's corporate secretariat, including dealing with procedural and other formalities relating to the firm's corporate group structure, inter-company agreements and other relevant procedural requirements;
- Supporting the firm in the development of its legal technology and innovation strategy;
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on the firm’s complex commercial contract arrangements;
- Handling matters concerning A&O's regulatory and compliance obligations, including contact with the regulators;
- Liaising with the firm's senior management on the conduct of any necessary investigations and inquiries, including relating to any regulatory and HR issues; and
- Acting as a leader of the firm's management of legal and operational risk and enhancing the management of risk throughout the firm.
Allen & Overy is seeking a lawyer to join its global in-house legal team on a full time permanent basis. This is an opportunity to work regularly with offices around the world, lead on key projects and contribute to the growth of the business. You will be able to develop your career at a leading international firm, offering a unique in-house experience where high performance and embracing innovation is encouraged and recognised.
We are looking for someone who has strong legal and commercial skills who enjoys challenging themselves in the context of a varied and exciting role.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Assisting with the management of the firm’s group structure;
- Advising on projects involving the firm’s group structure, including restructurings and new entities;
- Advising on the firm’s legal agreements and/or commercial contracts;
- Leading projects to analyse and give effect to regulatory changes affecting the firm and its clients; and
- Developing the firm’s risk policies and culture and advising on complex risk issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2:1 or above at degree level.
- Qualified lawyer with demonstrable corporate, commercial or regulatory experience, ideally with at least 5 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including liaising with internal clients and partners.
- A proven ability to work independently and proactively and to take the lead in project management and delivery.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage new and varied challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An interest in technology and its application to legal problem solving.
- Collaborative approach and ability to work well in a team.
- Experience of working on international legal issues and/or providing in-house legal advice in a corporate/commercial setting.
- Experience of reviewing and drafting complex legal agreements or commercial contracts.
Additional information - External
Applications will close on Friday 22/01 at 5pm