Real Estate Paralegal (Telecoms)
We have new opportunities for Paralegals or Senior Paralegals to join our Real Estate department and support our telecoms sector team in delivering commercial real estate work. You will be aligned to a specific client team and be will working with a wide range of fee earners across the department.
Currently we are looking to grow our team supporting a particular client and are happy to consider candidates at different levels of experience.
These are permanent, full-time roles based in our Bristol office, although occasional travel to our offices in Reading in London, and to client offices, may be required in the longer term.
Our real estate team overall has a strong reputation for providing commercial advice to clients on everything from investment acquisitions and disposals and portfolio and asset management, forward funding and forward commitments, to complex mixed-use developments. Our team advises across all our clients' entire investment patterns including BTR, student accommodation, logistics and energy.
We are distinguished from our competitors by our market leading practices in a number of prominent specialist areas. These include student accommodation and build to rent where we are recognised national leaders, energy - in particular major renewables projects run by leading names in the sector such as Foresight and Oxford Capital Partners; student housing, where we have advised on significant deals for Global Student Accommodation Limited and Campus Living Villages; and retail, where our recent track record includes appointment to the prestigious Homebase/Bunnings panel and on-going work for Marks and Spencer. In addition, we are rapidly establishing a reputation as a leader in acting for UK and overseas institutions, as major investors in UK real estate.
Our clients include the UK's leading house-builders Persimmon, Barratt, Taylor Wimpey, Bloor Homes and Linden, advising on residential development work, strategic land joint ventures and consortia arrangements.
Providing a wide range of services to the Real Estate Sector Team including but not exclusively:
- Preparing reports on title;
- Drafting code agreements, leases, licences, surrenders and deeds of variation;
- Negotiating and completing consensual agreements;
- Working as part of a wider team on projects involving multiple sites;
- Attending internal and external team / progress update calls and meetings; and
- Contributing to internal and external training.
The successful candidate will:
- Have evidence of experience across a wide range of Real Estate matters in a similar role;
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills;
- Be technically minded, enjoy variety, have the ability to prioritise and successfully manage multiple matters.
- Show an enthusiasm for and the ability to present technical legal issues in a clear, approachable and professional way;
- Demonstrate a client-orientated approach, both internally and externally; the ability to think laterally and to develop ideas in relation to business opportunities and training;
- Show an appreciation of fee earner needs and constraints; and the ability to assist in the development of less experienced team members;
- Be commercially aware;
- Be a self-starter, enthusiastic, resourceful and driven to continually develop knowledge and skills in a challenging and supportive environment.
- Be pro-active and motivated with excellent organisational skills; and an excellent team player.
- Be flexible and pragmatic with a problem solving approach.
Telecoms/Code experience is desirable but not essential for this role.
The Bristol Real Estate department is made up of 58 fee-earners overall including 9 Partners, 2 Legal Directors and a team of 20 Paralegals/Legal Executives.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Rachael Hardwick in the Recruitment team on Rachael.email@example.com.
No Recruitment Agencies Please.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.