Applications Support Engineer (12 month FTC)
Our IT Applications team are looking for another Application Support Engineer to join their busy and growing team. As part of the team, you'll provide a broad range of support around Osborne Clarke's applications suite, including providing 3rd line support on a number of systems. The role is full time, initially on a 12 month FTC and ordinarily based out of our Bristol office.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach and 3D client strategy enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially, we love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke has ranked in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management.
What you'll do
The main purpose of this role is to provide professional support to Osborne Clarke Fee Earners, Support and Business Services so that our clients receive consistently excellent services. More specifically you will:
- Provide a broad range of support, and 3rd line support on the following:
- Thomson Reuters HighQ
- BigHand Outline
- iManage Work
- Microsoft Teams
- Elite & other Finance Systems used for Billing and Credit Control, Reporting
- Intapp Time
- Database systems (on which most of our core systems are based)
- General Reporting support for our IT Applications
- Understand and adopt the principles of acting as a professional service provider
- Take full ownership of service / process around application support tasks, whilst assisting with knowledge sharing and transfer throughout the IT Team
- Develop relationships both with internal legal clients, IT Team colleagues and external suppliers where necessary, offering support on the applications for which the team are responsible
- Support initiatives and create service improvements
- As a member of the IT Department, you will have a heightened awareness of the risks associated with elevated access permissions and Information Security and ensure that your actions are undertaken in line with the Information Security Policy and current best practice
- Build standing in the Applications Team by playing a full part in team activity, and developing relationships with the wider IT Team in order to fulfil the Applications Support role
- Capture and disseminate knowledge across the wider IT function, providing support to more junior members of the function but also to actively promote knowledge sharing initiatives and the development of an ITIL aligned knowledge management system
- Any other duties that may be required to ensure the efficient operation of the Application Support service, including actively assisting colleagues in times of high demand
This is an experienced role, so we are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience of providing advanced support for Enterprise Level Applications, with a strong preference for knowledge of applications focussed on the Legal Sector.
The desired technical requirements for this position include hands-on knowledge and a high level of experience/expertise of the following classifications of systems:
- Core desktop and office systems – ideally Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016
- Document Management Systems – ideally iManage Work (formally administratively trained if possible)
- Incident/helpdesk management systems – e.g. ivanti ServiceDesk
- Practice Management Systems – ideally Elite Enterprise
- Contact Relationship Management systems – ideally LexisNexis InterAction
- Digital Dictation – BigHand
- iPhelion Outline
- Time Recording – e.g. Intapp Time
- Windows Server versions 2012, 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server (and T-SQL) 2005 and above
- A basic understanding of network systems is also required, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
Other desirable experience includes knowledge of:
- Case Management Systems – e.g. LexisNexis Visualfiles
- Online Data Rooms (such as HighQ Collaborate), and other SaaS solutions
- Word Document Template Management Systems
- Report writing methodologies – SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Business objects
- Knowledge of application integration via APIs and SQL
- An understanding of the concepts of Workflow
- ITIL best practice framework
To submit your application please click on the link provided or if you would like any further information about the role, please contact in complete confidence, Philippa Watson at Philippa.email@example.com
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.