IT Solutions Engineer
Our IT Applications team have a brand new opportunity for an individual to join them as an IT Solutions Engineer. This is a full time, permanent position, ordinarily based out of our Bristol office.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach and 3D client strategy enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially, we love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke has ranked in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management.
What you'll do:
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the development and support of various internal and external client facing solutions to help meet the needs of the business and our clients. Additionally you will be involved in developing integrations between our in house systems and those systems on which we collaborate with our clients. The platforms used will include (but will not be limited to), the following:
- Microsoft's Power Platform including PowerApps (CDS, Model-Driven Apps, Canvas Apps etc), PowerBI and Power Automate
- SharePoint Online/Modern SharePoint
- HighQ Collaborate
- Office 365 (specifically Teams and SharePoint)
- Intapp Integrate – for all internal and external systems integrations
- Other Solutions Platforms used by Osborne Clarke
Key responsibilities include:
Clients - building client facing solutions in order to enhance the way we deliver our legal services to clients. Helping to provide integrations so that data from key internal systems (Finance Systems, Document Management Systems etc) can be shared directly with our clients on those client facing solutions/Extranets
Finance Team – to assist with and lead on the technical development of integrations from the firm's Finance systems and other internal/external platforms
Other legal teams – assisting with process automation for various legal teams, perhaps in collaboration with the Workflow team, where elements of those teams' work requires integration with external systems (e.g. Companies House, Land Registry etc).
Duties will also include:
- Creating and maintaining documentation, including process flow diagrams, progress reports, proposals and technical specifications for implemented solutions/integrations
- Undertaking business requirement capture and analysis, assisted by Business Analysts in the Projects and Programmes team as necessary
- Ensuring that IT solutions are relevant to the business need and meet end user requirements and specifications, and also that strict information security principles are adhered to in regard to any integrations between systems, whether internal or external
- Continually adapting and improving technical skills as the role requires
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who has experience in architecting IT Solutions to meet business and end user specifications, including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle. You'll also need to have previous experience of developing solutions using Microsoft's Power Platform in particular Power Automate and Power Apps, as well as strong skills in other areas of the Microsoft Stack including SharePoint Online, the Microsoft 365 Suite including Office 365 and other collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams. You'll also need:
- Experience of Development Management and Code Repository/Version Control software essential – ideally Azure DevOps
- Exposure to other non-Microsoft "Lowcode" development platforms would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in the development of Systems Integrations preferably using an Enterprise Service Bus tool (such as Intapp Integrate, or Microsoft BizTalk Server), and ensuring those solutions are reliable, scalable and secure. Exposure to REST APIs for integration purposes also advantageous
- Demonstrable Business Analysis skills
- Experience constructing and consuming web services and XML
- The ability and willingness to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- A good knowledge of the legal and IT sectors
- Willingness to improve experience through both self-study and potentially gain relevant qualifications. Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Some exposure to programming languages such as Microsoft .NET, Python, Perl, and Scripting Languages such as Microsoft PowerShell etc.
To submit your application please click on the link provided or if you would like any further information about the role, please contact in complete confidence, Philippa Watson at Philippa.firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.