IT DeskSide Support Manager
Our IT Services team are looking for an experienced individual to step into a new role as an IT DeskSide Support Manager. This role is a real mix between people management and technical expertise, so will require someone who is enthusiastic about both elements.
This is a full time, permanent position, based in our Bristol office although we are happy to consider some home working for this position too.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 25 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it’s fundamental to our success.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Head of IT services, the main purpose of this role is to manage the DeskSide Support team and deliver DeskSide incident management for Osborne Clarke, whilst also contributing to all other ITIL processes employed by the firm. You will also manage and deliver all day to day hands on aspects of the IT strategy to our people in multiple locations including internationally.
Main duties will include:
- Managing the day to day operations of all DeskSide Support Engineers, scheduling resource appropriately and in line with global best practice
- Mentoring and guiding International Support Engineers in BE, FR, NL and USA, ensuring they develop and align in conjunction with the global team based in the UK
- Providing desk-side, telephone, email and remote access support to users of IT systems across the office and within SLA
- Contributing to our Endpoints Strategy and therefore hold an in-depth knowledge of the hardware and software technologies your teams implement
- Continuously build upon your knowledge of all ITSM processes, ensuring continuous service improvement
- Working with other areas of the IT Department to ensure within the usual constraints the team are able to support project delivery
- Managing and monitoring all IT equipment stock levels including but not limited to Laptops, PC's, consumables and all other IT hardware
- Playing an active part in the annual requirements for each jurisdiction around growth in headcount and replacement of kit and the associated budgets to support this
- Using the tools available including iVanti ITSM, identify trends and functionality issues that users are faced with and either provide direct solutions or manage the issue through to resolution utilising resources either internal or external
- Document fixes and solutions, providing regular reports and contributing to and drafting proposals where necessary
- Managing relationships across offices and with third party providers
This role requires an experienced IT Support professional with a background in the legal sector. You'll need to have demonstrable experience managing or supervising teams remotely as well as face to face. It's also essential that you have experience using workflows and helpdesk business service tools focussed on Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge Management.
Additionally you will;
- Be able to utilise a strong level of technical experience to directly deal with day to day support issues whilst developing management skills and responsibility
- Have knowledge of budgetary control, reporting and financial aspects of IT
- Have the general ability to author and publish MS Office documentation from guides to slide decks, proposals, reports, inventories both technical and user facing
- Technical support experience gained in a Microsoft environment with a high level of problem solving, including, Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite including Office 365, SCCM 2016 including MS Endpoint Manager (InTune), and Microsoft Exchange 2016 including Exchange Online.
- Have knowledge of IT deployment methods, installing and supporting client facing hardware, including but not limited to; Laptop/PC/Hybrid/Tablet/Smartphone/Printer/Scanner/Conferencing/VC/Audio Visual
- Strong customer service ethics and demonstrable customer service skills, committed to delivering an exceptional standard of service
- Identify as a team player committed to assisting colleagues wherever necessary to maximise the effectiveness of the entire IT department
- The ability to work autonomously and to schedule own resource appropriately
- Able to demonstrate good problem solving techniques and ability to research using all means available
- Focussed on working to or exceeding agreed Service Levels
- Be a creative thinker, able to work in a flexible manner and skilled at solving problems for users
- Have exceptional communication skills
General technical support experience is required in the following areas:
- Audio Visual solutions such as but not limited to, Polycom Trio, Visual+ and Pano ranges, Crestron and SY control systems, Onelan digital content management
- IP Telephony Systems and unified communications Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams
- Document Management Systems such as Worksite
- Digital Dictation such as BigHand
- Integrated products such as Voicemail and Desktop Faxing
- Interaction CRM and Elite PMS
- iPad and iPhone support including troubleshooting and provisioning
- Experience of supporting legal applications desirable
- Dell/Lenovo PC hardware knowledge and experience
- Lenovo laptop hardware knowledge and experience
- Print, Copy, Scan and print management solutions
- ITIL Certified preferred but not essential
- Microsoft Windows Accredited Desktop Engineer a preference
To submit your application please click on the link provided or if you would like any further information about the role, please contact in complete confidence, Philippa Watson at Philippa.firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.