Supplier Assurance & Process Lead
DLA Piper, a leading global firm, is looking for a Supplier Assurance & Process Lead , who will be joining our procurement team, located in our centre in Leeds. The procurement function sits within the global Business & Service Delivery department, providing the best in class service to all business functions, supporting the whole of the United Kingdom.
Our successor will be a well versed procurement professional, having experience in implementing and integration of procurement processes across multiple businesses, encompassed with a natural desire to develop a great rapport with both our internal and external stakeholders.
This role will report and work in close collaboration with the Head of Procurement, developing and implementing a robust procurement process, implementing a supplier assurance framework and ensuring a service excellence in the procurement function.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the seamless integration of procurement procedures into Procurement category and contract strategies
- Design and deliver tools and guidelines to improve access to procurement processes across Procurement and wider Group
- Increase best practice procurement coverage and compliance through the broad adoption of governance, processes and tools across the Business
- Drive supplier compliance to policies and processes
- Manage supplier risk (including reputational, sustainability, corporate and social responsibility, health & safety, anti-corruption & bribery)
- Develop and deliver insightful management information to demonstrate governance and compliance
- Strong procurement background
- Excellent commercial skills
- Excellent communication skills via all communication channel
- Responsive to customer needs
- Good attention to detail is required
- Self manages workload, scopes projects and manages priorities
- Operates on a strategic basis
- Team player, able to work cross functionally
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.