Network Support Analyst
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
The Global Service Management team is responsible for shaping and running Allen & Overy’s applications and infrastructure. This includes supporting the applications, infrastructure and devices employed across the business.
The Global Service Delivery team is responsible for 3rd line support of all Allen & Overy global infrastructure, devices and applications, assisting regional support teams as required. Global Service Delivery is the support heartbeat, with frequent interaction with and execution of the ITIL disciplines of incident, change, problem, release and capacity management.
The Network Support Analyst is accountable for supporting and maintaining the following areas:
- Routing and Switching – all network technology used to connect services from regional data-centres to any connected endpoint.
- Firewall/DMZ/Internet/Azure Cloud technologies and devices
- Assist in support of voice/video/web conferencing systems and integration into other user applications.
- Providing 3rd line support for the timely resolution of incidents and problems.
- Executing regular maintenance and monitoring tasks.
- Accountable for the management and maintenance of systems and services, by ensuring they are fit for purpose and available at all required times.
> This includes maintaining and optimising applications and infrastructure
> Bringing new releases into production.
- Being recognised as subject matter experts in the technologies supported by the team.
- Works with the network of Product Leaders, Product Specialists and Team Leaders to ensure a co-ordinated approach to support, improvements, disaster recovery and security across applications and infrastructure.
- A close working relationship should be developed with the ITIL Process Management team (including change, release, problem and configuration)
- Ensure that the technology area is well understood by the Support Assistants
Role and responsibilities
- Diagnose all incidents/problems escalated to 3rd line support and identify root cause and actions required to maintain or improve service levels
> As necessary investigate high impact incidents/problems through involvement in SWATs
- Develop implementation plans for dealing with requests for change; evaluate risks to the integrity of the service inherent in proposed implementations; seek authority for those activities; and undertake review of effectiveness of change implementation.
- Maintain a culture of continual improvement and problem solving so that systems deliver improved performance to the business
- Ensure that supplier performance is fed back to the Team Leader
- Utilise SOMs (service operation manuals) to initiate service escalation process with suppliers when required
Key Technical requirements
- Cisco Certified to CCNA/CNNP (Routing & Switching) or equivalent level experience
- Strong knowledge of Routing Protocols such as OSPF/EIGRP/BGP
- Cisco Layer-2 and Layer-3 switching
- Network Management and monitoring tools
Desirable Technical Requirements
- SDWAN technologies
- Traffic acceleration and optimisation (Riverbeds)
- Local and global load balancing technologies preferably Citrix NetScaler.
- Cisco ISE
- Experience of DMZ/Firewall/Internet including Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA
- Global Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) system (Genesys ININ).
- Cisco UCM, Unity and CUBE)
- Cisco Wireless
- Azure Cloud
Who we are looking for
- Minimum 2/3 years IT experience with at least 1 years’ experience in a 2/3rd line networks role
- Experience working within the professional services sector with an appreciation of the demands placed on support teams by the business.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Qualifications – ideally the candidate should have the following or equivalent:
> Accreditation in Cisco technologies – preferred
> ITIL Foundation – preferred
Additional information - External
Applications will close on Wednesday 20/01 at 5pm