Junior Associates - Corporate
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
A&O Belfast plays an increasing role in delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions, as well as in coordinating teams of lawyers from around the world. The A&O Belfast is a key part of A&O's advanced delivery of legal services to its clients, making intelligent use of technology and complementing the traditional law services provided by A&O throughout the world. We have created a truly collaborative culture where talented individuals work together and can flourish and achieve great things.
Having developed the right level of legal experience Junior Associates can work independently, lead a team and be the first line of support for Associates and Senior Associates. The team in A&O Belfast work on the full range of corporate matters, with a particular focus on M&A, private equity and large-scale reorganisations. Our Corporate practice is a clear area of growth for the firm and as part of this we are looking to strengthen our presence in Belfast to further compliment and develop our team.
- Senior or managing Associates
- Junior Associates
- Senior Legal Professionals and LPs
- Clients (internal and external)
- Legal Technology and Project Management Office teams
Role and responsibilities
- Issue spotting and report writing/drafting
- Leading projects/teams
- Quality controlling the work of more junior members of the team
- Training junior team members
- Owning relationships with clients (both internal and external)
- Continuing to build their own expertise and the profile of A&O Belfast through spending periods on secondment to clients (internal or external)
- Qualified solicitor (or equivalent) with at least 2 years PQE working within a reputable firm in a corporate role Strong technical corporate experience with the ability to lead key corporate transactions, in particular leading on due diligence exercises
- Solid experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Broad understanding of general company law principles
- Interest in complex multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganisation and legal entity integration projects and experience of managing teams of overseas lawyers (often from other law firms) providing local law support to the client desirable
- Equity and debt capital markets experience desirable
- Consistently demonstrate a professional manner with evidence of exceptional levels of judgement, commercial awareness and critical thinking
- Strong focus on detail and high levels of self-motivation
- Proven ability to take ownership of own work
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong relationship-building skills – a team player with the ability to establish credibility and inspire confidence with clients and senior colleagues
- Must show evidence of a high level of personal resilience coupled with an ambition to continuously challenge oneself
- Demonstrate a high level of affinity with or willingness to use legal technology
Additional information - External
Applications close on 22/01 at 5pm