International Tax Consultant
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
Deliver relevant information and a value for money service to the decision-makers of Allen & Overy.
As an International Tax Consultant you will be responsible for the management of the international tax compliance affairs of both Allen & Overy (A&O) and its individual partners for around one third of the territories in which A&O operates on both an accurate and timely basis, including accounting for tax reserves and tax payments.
You will also be involved in ad hoc international tax projects such as tax equalisation schemes, transfer pricing, deferred tax calculations, and structure related modelling.
Partners’ Affairs & Tax Team (in London, Belfast and Hong Kong), international finance managers and partners.
Role and responsibilities
- Liaising with international offices and external advisers to provide data for completion of tax returns for A&O and individual partners.
- Attending meetings with global finance managers and external advisers as necessary – some international travel will be required.
- Involvement in annual budgeting process including tax equalisation and cash flow calculations.
- Handling internal and client withholding tax queries & liaising with global finance teams.
- Preparing Double Tax Relief (DTR) calculations for annual UK tax return filings for individual partners.
- Liaising with Allen & Overy finance teams globally to reconcile and ensure accurate posting of international tax payments.
- Involvement in year end work processes, including setup of international tax reserves, tax equalisation calculations, accounts disclosures and account reconciliations.
- Ongoing management of individual partner international tax reserves including foreign currency aspects, deferred tax calculations, reconciliation and subsequent clear out.
- Involvement in other ad hoc projects as necessary e.g. transfer pricing and financial modelling for business change initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to liaise effectively with staff based in other offices (including other members of the Partners’ Affairs & Tax team based in London and Hong Kong) as well as external advisers.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, commitment to "getting the job done".
- Able to work effectively using own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, including knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word and the ability to adapt to using unfamiliar software packages. Particular emphasis is placed on experience of Excel.
- Strong time management skills - ability to multi-task, prioritise, manage and critically review large volumes of data.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of 'client service'.
Who we are looking for
- Graduate or A level calibre.
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc.).
- Personal or corporate tax compliance experience would be beneficial but is not a prerequisite for the role.
Additional information - External
Applications will close on Thursday 21/01 at 5pm
This is permanent full time position.