Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
The Technical Delivery team are responsible for the management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes and standards to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
The department has embarked on an ambitious programme of work to provide better business and technology agility through delivery of a new document management system, new devices, new productivity tools and new communication tools.
The Business Analyst (BA) assists the business in the production of business cases that quantify potential business benefits and then works with stakeholders to analyse, review, define, and document business requirements, functions and processes, identifying opportunities for improvement where possible and ensuring change is successfully embedded.
Role and responsibilities
- Work with the business to identify/analyse change and define how products and services can best be used.
- Work with project stakeholders to ensure that cost-effective, timely & appropriate solutions are implemented, within agreed quality standards.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the business, Global IT and suppliers.
- Support product/service/vendor selection processes.
- Support changes to operational processes, procedures and organisational structure, understanding and communicating the impact.
- Produce appropriate project documentation, defining scope, impact and benefits of proposed changes.
- Analyse & document business processes; identifying alternative solutions and new approaches, where appropriate.
- Consistently document business analysis deliverables in line with departmental standards.
- Contribute toward the development of Business Analysis and wider IT best practice.
- Define and estimate the business analysis deliverables required on a per project basis, helping to drive quality across the board.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills, with confidence to deliver at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix managed environment and to informally lead others with integrity.
- Solid experience working on large scale, complex projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to balance conflicting needs and priorities.
- Strong & creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work across multiple projects concurrently ensuring timely delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Identify & highlight improvement opportunities (proactively as well as reactively).
- Strong experience of providing business analysis through all stages of the project lifecycle.
- A highly motivated self-starter.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Business Analyst across the full SDLC.
- Commercial acumen and awareness, including an understanding of the overall picture of IT service delivery.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working across multiple sectors.
- BCS Business Analysis Diploma (part or full qualified).
- Experience working in multiple project delivery methodologies including Agile/ SCRUM experience.
- General knowledge of the IT market and trends.
- Experience in mentoring other Business Analysts.
Additional information - External
Applications close on Friday 20/01/2021 at 5pm