Paralegal - Banking - B2 - 6 Month FTC
- Experience Level
- Admin, Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
Our Structured and Asset Finance practice is a recognised leader for its ability to structure complex transactions. We also have extensive experience at other levels and across all sectors of the asset finance industry. Whatever we’re handling, our lawyers have the breadth and depth of experience to help our clients find the most commercially beneficial way to structure a deal.
We act for banks, financiers, airlines, lessors, manufacturers, captive finance companies, operators, borrowers, lessees, export credit agencies, and governmental and international organisations.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join our Banking Department in London on a full time, 6-month contract (with a view to this being extended). The role will provide support services to the team’s fee earners and wider team in London
- Structured and Asset Finance Partners, Associates and the wider team
- Business Development Manager
- Wider A&O community
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for condition precedent satisfaction exercises for the department.
- Assisting with due diligence exercises for loan portfolio sales and acquisitions.
- Attending Hamburg and Toulouse for aircraft deliveries and closings.
- Drafting standard and more complex documents.
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of transactions.
- Preparing corporate documents.
- Extracting, transcribing and analysing information.
- Answering client queries directly.
- General administrative tasks
- Managing the bibling process, including maintaining the bible room.
- Previous banking paralegal experience
- LPC qualified
- 2:1 law degree or equivalent
Who we are looking for
- Ability to handle multi-tasks at any one time and to prioritise between tasks
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work hard within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be a team player
- Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
- Pro-active approach and ability to demonstrate initiative