Legal consultants (interim) - 2-7 PQE financial services regulation
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working as self-employed lawyers with Allen & Overy and directly with clients. Assignments are usually at least six months in duration and tend to require you to work a minimum of four days per week. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com and download our UK candidate brochure.
Legal consulting offers fresh opportunities at an earlier point in your career than you might imagine. We are currently looking for self-driven lawyers with 2-7 years top-tier post-qualification experience in financial services or payment services regulation, including on implementation projects such as MiFIDII and IBOR.
Our client base is diverse and includes the investment banks, start ups and fintechs. Client assignments could range from stepping into a team to assist with day to day regulatory advice or to support on regulatory change projects or implementation. There may also be an opportunity to work within Allen & Overy on an ad hoc basis, supporting teams when needed, or joining them for fixed periods to assist on client projects.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of two years' post-qualification experience at a firm ranked as top tier in their area of expertise;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution (directly or as a secondee);
- have a commitment to building a career as a self-employed consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have proven project management skills;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.