- Experience Level
- Admin, Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
We currently have an opportunity for a Moves Assistant to join our Business Services team to assist the Senior Project and Moves Manager with the scheduling, implementation and management of all London office moves; to ensure a seamless, free transition with minimal impact on both staff and business. Resulting in successful completion of all aspects to the highest standards.
The Moves team at Allen & Overy provides a first-class service in all aspects of moves within our London location as well as globally. The team is responsible for managing the day-to-day moves for the fee earning and support groups, to ensure that their business continues to run efficiently.
Upon completion of the moves, all details are updated on the internal directory, revised nameplates are installed and the department details changed on the CAFM (QFM) database. Strict SLA’s are in place with our clients and contractors to ensure control on requests are managed in line with key performance indicators of the service level agreements.
Role and responsibilities
- Preparation of weekly Joiners/Movers schedule.
- Management of the BAU moves process and delivery, including NQ,s, trainee moves, summer and winter students associates
- Ensuring office space is set up correctly, in preparation for the arrival of new joiners
- QFM adaptions to Auto Cad plans upon completion of project works, within Bishops Square and Belfast.
- Issue information and instructions to both internal staff and external contractors.
- Ensure workstations are set up correctly for new joiners (including nameplates, fittings and desktop equipment).
- To support the organisation with planning and execution of large office moves.
- Ensure any associated maintenance works are instructed and completed in a co-ordinated manner.
- Ensure high quality standards are consistently met and maintained.
- Ensure furniture stores and all stored items are well maintained and reported back on a monthly basis.
- To oversee CRE porter duties, helpdesk requests, and BAU moves.
- Chairing the weekly moves meeting, taking minutes and issuing to the stakeholders
- To manage the global portfolio of building floor plans, on a quarterly basis to ensure the latest building plans are maintained within CRE team library.
- Management of the furniture store (onsite/offsite). To provide quarterly overviews of activate stock levels and to report back to the SPM on cost effective measures for onsite and offsite.
- To ensure create inventory it kept up to date at all times and spreadsheet issued to Senior Manager on monthly basis for a quarterly meeting review with moves supplier
- To issue monthly reports on Joiners and Movers within the London office to Group Managers and Senior stakeholders
- To manage the space charge out report and issue to the Finance department on a monthly basis.
- To support potential global moves process, working with the Projects Team and local stakeholders
- To supervise the day-to-day workload of the 3rd party porter, to ensure all outstanding helpdesk tickets are closed out in a timely manner and reported back to the Business Services helpdesk
- To assist the Senior Manager of small scale works and adaptions within Bishop’s Square
- Working closely with the Senior Managers within the business support group to collaboratively share experience across the team, and to support the development of CRE specialists
- Working with key stakeholders, including GM’s, HR, IT and 3rd party business suppliers
- Manages time and tasks to completion within deadlines and with agreed level of supervision
- Able to chair meetings in a professional manner
- Is professional in all dealings with clients; responds quickly and accurately to queries and requests
- Demonstrates client focus; acting with the client in mind, delivering value for them and the firm
- Develops effective relationships with clients and colleagues
- Builds relationships on openness, trust and mutual respect
- Attends meetings on time, is well prepared and follows up on agreed actions
- Has experience in CAFM software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Proficient in AutoCAD post 2016 versions
- Understands facilities management tools and CAFM operating systems
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.