High Yield Attorney
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst's high yield practice provides complex and innovative advice on the full range of high yield products including bridge to bond structures, bank/bond transactions, intercreditors, LBOs, liability management and restructuring in developed and emerging markets globally. Underwriters and issuers work with our high yield team benefiting from our extensive experience of the markets and industries in which high yield investors are most active and our experience in executing the most complex transactions seamlessly within this environment.
Our high yield specialists work closely with our leverage finance, debt capital markets and restructuring teams to provide sophisticated funding solutions tailored to the unique needs of our clients. We are attuned to the latest deal techniques and market dynamics and apply this insight to develop bespoke financing solutions, often involving multi-sources of funding.
We are currently looking for an attorney (4th year-6th year) to join our US High Yield team in the London office.
Main tasks and qualities;
- You would typically act on all elements of high yield products including bridge to bond structured, band/bond transactions, intercreditors, LBOs, liability management and restructuring in developed and emerging markets globally.
- You will be expected to have client relationships and a desire to build on these and develop your own client network with support and guidance from the partners and wider team.
- You would also be expected to manage projects that have been assigned to you, and liaise closely with colleagues, clients, counterparties and other advisers.
- In addition to strong technical skills, you should be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for business development and strong interpersonal skills as there will be significant client contact, in both the work and business development context.
Essential skills and experience:
Mid-senior attorney with high yield experience ;
- US qualified mid to senior level lawyer with post-qualification experience at a major law firm, ideally in a top tier capital markets team
- Admitted to the New York bar
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating New York law documents and agreements
- Experience with US securities laws and regulations
- An adaptable person who is a fast learner, with experience practising in multiple jurisdictions.
- A team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs
- Experience of negotiating with counterparts.
- A commercial approach
An established Associate Career Path Framework is in place clearly defining expectations and outlining opportunities for promotion.
Opportunities often arise for associates to spend time on secondment in house with a key client of the firm. From time to time, secondment opportunities also come up within other Ashurst offices in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.