Legal consultant (2-7 PQE) – Leveraged Finance – London
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working on assignments with Allen & Overy or directly with clients as a legal consultant. Assignments are usually at least six months in duration and tend to require you to work a minimum of four days per week. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com and download our UK candidate brochure.
Legal consulting offers fresh opportunities at an earlier point in a lawyer’s career than you might imagine. We are currently looking for self-driven lawyers with 2-7 years’ top-tier post-qualification experience in Leveraged Finance.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of two years' post-qualification experience at a law firm ranked as top tier for Leveraged Finance;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution (directly or as a secondee)
- have a commitment to building a career as a legal consultant and be motivated to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have an excellent consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have proven project management skills;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with demonstrable commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK.
Examples of recent opportunities
- A leveraged finance lawyer supporting an investment bank’s legal team with, principally, leveraged finance, as well as structured finance, funds financing and fixed income special situations opportunities throughout EMEA
- A leveraged finance supporting A&O’s practice on high end transactions
- A leveraged finance lawyer supporting an asset manager’s legal team with leveraged finance and restructuring transactions
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.