Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Ashurst Advance
Role: Legal Technologist
Reporting to: Legal Technologist Manager
Hours of work -
Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30. You will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Department/ Role Overview:
The legal services market is undergoing fundamental change. The key drivers of that change are technology, regulation and client expectations. Technological advances are disrupting traditional models of legal service delivery and driving greater efficiency. Changes in regulation mean that new entrants are joining the legal services market. Clients are also expecting their law firms to deliver more value. The traditional model for delivering legal services is therefore being redefined.
Our clients want us to take responsibility for efficient delivery of legal services without compromising on quality. We also want to maximise operational efficiency and remain competitive and innovative.
To respond to these challenges, Ashurst established a new office in Glasgow in 2013 to deliver innovative, market-leading legal services delivery solutions, consistent with Ashurst's status as a global elite firm. New technology is a key enabler of the legal sourcing solutions we are developing for our clients
Ashurst has developed an innovative multidisciplinary role which combines legal and technical skills to help build the new digital legal services delivery model. You will work with a small but busy team of like-minded individuals to help lead a transformation of the legal services delivery process for our internal and external clients around the globe. We have plans to substantially grow the team over time.
You will use your legal and technical skills to support the delivery of digital legal services by colleagues throughout the global Ashurst network of offices. You will work within a broader legal analyst team which is over 60 strong and growing rapidly.
The team's core focus is the automation of legal documents used by Ashurst's global practice groups including Finance, Corporate and Disputes.
You will be working with other legal technologists and reporting directly to the Legal Technologist Manager.
Working closely with other legal technologists, you will automate legal documents. You will do this by designing and implementing online questionnaires which amend legal documents in accordance with user inputs. The software you will use to create the online questionnaires is user friendly and uses plain English commands. The role does not require the use of computer programming languages. Full training will be provided.
Responsibilities will also include, among other things:
- Undertaking training in relation to all legal technology team tools and achieving a basic level of proficiency in all team tools
- Understanding why certain legal technology should be used for particular use cases
- Ability to explain how we evaluate the value to the firm and clients of certain technologies
- Testing and quality control of automated documents
- Evaluation and testing of other new technologies
- Designing and creating online interfaces for clients
- Analyzing legal workflows and processes for opportunities to apply technology tools to create efficiencies
- Communicating with colleagues around the world to support legal automation and other technology projects
Tasks undertaken by Legal Technologist will grow as the Ashurst continue to develop its legal sourcing solutions for clients
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- LL.B (or equivalent law degree)
- Enthusiasm for learning and highly comfortable working with technology
- Genuine interest in how technology can be applied to make work more efficient and more enjoyable
- General understanding of evolving areas of technology such as automation, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, crowd sourcing, big data, data visualisation and the Internet of Things
- Formal computer science or information technology qualifications are not required
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Word and a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products
- Enthusiasm for developing a brand new and fast-growing business in an international law firm
- Excellent organisational skills
- Collegiate, positive and willing attitude to work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Logical and methodical
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Confident and professional manner
- Enthusiasm to innovate
- Passionate about a career in legal technology
- Strong desire to learn new skills
- Flexibility and a flexible approach to working hours
Training & Support
You will be provided with all the required training, mentoring and coaching to enable you to attain the required technical skills and to develop your expertise further at the intersection of technology and law.