Communications Executive - 12 Month FTC
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: Change Management
Role: Communications Executive – 12 Month FTC
Location: London. Flexible working available.
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 09:30 - 17:30. You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations around the firm's global offices.
To manage the successful transition of business change.
- Working with the Business Services Transformation (BST) Programmes to build up knowledge and create content for the communication campaigns.
- Produce media content including video recordings and podcasts.
- Support the Communications Manager with the delivery of the communications strategy for the Business Services Transformation (BST) programme.
- Building relationships with Project Managers and Change Managers to understand the key milestones and associated comms across the programme workstreams.
- Support the Communications Manager to engage with the Programme Managers and other business leads to ensure the communications strategy and plans meet expectations.
- Bring communications expertise to the project team and raise awareness of the benefits of managing communications effectively.
- Liaising with the firm's Internal Communications team and coordination with communication plans for other programmes.
- Ensure comms are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Manages internal programme team communications to ensure knowledge and updates from all programmes are shared and upholds a sense of cohesion (Programme community).
- Coordination of content for the transformation newsletters.
- Ensures communication plans are kept up to date.
- Support the Communications Manager to arrange local presentations.
- Support the organisation and execution of internal events.
- Support the organisation of internal videos.
- Liaising with the design team to ensure appropriate materials are delivered on time.
- Updating content for online channels.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to produce media content including, video recordings and podcasts.
- Good knowledge of the editing skills to produce a high quality video or podcasts.
- Has good design skills to produce impactful design and photography/images that help to story tell.
- Must be an avid storyteller.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to take complex messages and turn them into simple, easy to understand communications.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure.
- Ability to adapt and quickly pick up new ways of working.
- Experience working in internal communications.
- Evidence of building strong and lasting relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience of managing or supporting a communications plan.
- An understanding of change management and project management principles.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Experienced in dealing with ambiguity and adapting to changing circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Uses initiative – proactive and has a 'can do' approach.
- Effective time management.
Desired skills and experience
- Ability to build internal company websites that entice the intended audience.
- Strong experience of using communication tools and applications to create content.
- Knowledge of graphic design and editing programmes e.g. Adobe Photoshop.
- Video editing experience with Camtasia.
- Experience of creating and editing podcasts.
- Script writing.