Business Analyst - 12 Month FTC
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area: Business Services Transformation
Role: Business Analyst - 12 month FTC
Location: Based at Ashurst’s London office. Some international travel may be required from time to time
Reporting to: Business Analysis Manager
Hours of work: 9:30 to 17:30
Monday to Friday, 9:30 to 17:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties
Department/ Role Overview:
The Business Services Transformation (BST) is a key initiative for Ashurst. This initiative includes the transformation of our working environment to a hybrid model.
This role will have experience of business process re-engineering as well as providing technical teams with the requirements that will allow them to design solutions that support a hybrid working model; for example collaboration tools and infrastructure [conferencing tools, desk/meeting room booking systems, etc].
- Undertake business analysis work in relation to specific projects
- Map 'as is' and 'to be' processes
- Gather and document business and functional requirements
- Develop Requirements Management Plans
- Arrange and manage requirement reviews
- Assist with developing and running test programmes in relation to specific systems and projects
- Prepare appropriate documentation and supporting materials in relation to specific projects
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to communicate requirements and deliver solutions
- Adhere to Ashurst's BA and project methodology
- Assist with project management tasks
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience as a Business Analyst with a proven track record of successful project delivery in a professional services company, ideally a law firm.
- Solid experience of working with IT architecture to design system solutions; preferably around the tools that support a hybrid working model e.g. collaboration tools, meeting room / desk booking systems, etc.
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/ procedures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to listen to and understand customer requirements
- Able to operate within a project brief, reporting to the Project Manager as required
- Working knowledge of different analysis techniques/methods, including requirements definition and specification, ERD/DFDs etc.
- Good knowledge of testing approaches/methods, and experience of devising and running testing procedures
- Awareness/exposure to different software development life cycles and methods
- Produce high level solutions/approaches, requiring systems analysis and design skills
- High level of familiarity with MS Office as a production tool
- Assist with research and evaluation of software solutions from 3rd party suppliers and production of necessary deliverables such as tender documents, liaising with suppliers
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Full project lifecycle experience
- Detail oriented with an ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach
- Client focused
Desired skills and experience
- ISEB Business Analysis diploma (or similar qualification)
- A good technical background
- Experience of working within a structured project framework
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Knowledge of legal back office systems such as Document Management, HR and Practice Management systems
- Familiar with ITIL, Prince2, Agile
- Flowchart and data-flow diagramming
- Lean or 6-Sigma knowledge advantageous but not essential
- RDBMS understanding (MS SQL Server)
- Familiar with Windows 7/8/10
- Knowledge of Web technologies and n-tier architecture
- Knowledge of client-server architecture