Marketing & Business Development Coordinator (Hub - any office)
Our ambition, your journey.
DLA Piper is a global law firm, where innovation and challenging the status quo are the vital spark to how we think and what we do. Together, we create exceptional experiences, outcomes and growth for our clients and people.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The International Marketing & BD Hub is a central team providing support across a range of marketing and business development activities for our International Sector and Practice Groups.
As a Marketing & BD Coordinator, you will be aligned to a small number of sectors and/or practice groups and you will deliver a wide range of activities to support these teams. Acting in a pivotal role you will be required to deputise for senior sector and practice group Marketing & BD colleagues, provide advice and guidance direct to our partner/lawyer community and be able to delegate and manage workflow to others to support you in the delivery of tasks. You will work closely with colleagues in our Warsaw Global Service Centre to share knowledge and best practice in all areas of marketing in relation to sectors and practice groups.
This role will have particular focus on all countries outside of the Americas (International) but at all times working closely in alignment with the US sector and practice group contacts and with our Tampa Global Service Centre.
The international scope and varied nature of this role means candidates will have exposure to all areas of marketing activity across the business, receiving opportunity to develop their careers as a result of the rounded knowledge they will obtain.
Occasional travel within the UK and internationally is a requirement of this role.
- Coordinate the delivery of activities to support the sector and practice group plans
- Act as support lead and/or coordinator on the delivery of profile raising activities including Events, Legal Directory and Legal Award submissions, Sponsorships, Website & Digital content, Client Communications, Marketing Collateral
- Ensure that all marketing activities support delivery of the firm's strategic objectives and that all materials produced reflect DLA Piper's brand and adhere to the brand guidelines
- Support our partners and lawyers in introducing sector and practice group specific legal solutions (Products and Propositions) to relevant Key Clients
- Support sector and practice group marketing colleagues in their targeting of leading industry “buyers” and influencers
- Help ensure a compelling message is relayed in major sector and practice group pitches by acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Play a leading role on ensuring our BD messages are consistent across all standard capability statements and proposal generator content
- Work closely with senior marketing colleagues, ensuring BD strategies and messaging is being shared between aligned practice groups and sectors enabling strong and cohesive go to market tactics to be deployed.
Systems and Process:
- Support the implementation of sector and practice group marketing plans
- Hold responsibility for the sector and practice group intranet sites; support the marketing management team in engagement with the sector and practice group leadership teams, and in communicating with the wider fee earner community
- Ensure up to date sector and practice group credentials are maintained and content for proposal generator is regularly updated in order to deliver compelling sales messages
The role holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.
The ideal candidate must :
Be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
Possess good project management skills in relation to delivering Marketing & BD campaigns
Be able to provide a high quality service whilst operating remotely from the end user
Be confident operating on their own initiative, owning projects and seeing them through to conclusion with limited supervision
Possess excellent communication skills along with proven experience of working in a virtual team environment
Have a sound understanding of professional marketing approaches, new business issues, sales and pitch processes within the legal sector and particularly how these apply to sector and practice group marketing strategies
Demonstrate a professional approach in terms of commitment and internal client care
Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
Be able to demonstrate experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
Have the ability to see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
Have the ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
Display a consistently positive attitude and adopt a 'can do' approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; collaborative working style
Be IT literate - experience of Excel, Word 2010 and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial
Hold a Degree/CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing (desirable)
Demonstrate ability to understand and identify with the firm and its objectives and values
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop or fulfil the role of the Marketing &BD Coordinator, International Practice Groups & Sectors.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.