Category Manager (FTC 6-9 months)
DLA Piper is a leading global firm, currently on its transitional journey of becoming the law firm of the future, embracing change, investing in and driving modern initiatives, including an implementation of new systems across the firm in several areas of the business.
As a result, we are looking for a Category Managers to join our business and service delivery team's procurement sub function located in our centre in Leeds.
As a Category Manager you will be working on multiple sourcing projects across the spectrum of Business requirements covering a wide range of services – including IT and Marketing.
Advising the organisation on commercial, contract and supplier management activity.
Working alongside other Procurement Managers, Business Owners, Service Owners and operational managers – applying best commercial practice.
This opportunity is a 6 to 9 months' fixed term contracts arrangement.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes accountability for key parts of the overall sourcing and procurement plan
- Shapes and support commercial projects and ensures delivery to meet the business plans for each project
- Acts as the prime point of escalation for contract and supplier management disputes- engages at Director level with suppliers
- Will have market knowledge and experience of multiple category areas
- Agree to go-to-market approach with Project Managers and Service Managers
- Support the management of key suppliers
- Apply commercial rigour to the selection and management of suppliers via RFI/RFP processes
- Put suitable contracts in place with suppliers working with Risk, Finance and Legal resources in the firm
- Strong indirect procurement background
- Excellent commercial acumen/negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills via all communication channels
- Strong Contract Management/Project Management skills
- Responsive to customer needs
- Good attention to detail is required
- Able to negotiate complex commercial contracts
- Self manages workload, scopes projects and manages priorities
- Operates on a strategic basis
- Team player, able to work cross functionally
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.