AML Compliance Assistant
Compliance at its very best.
AML Compliance Assistant
Compliance is more than ‘just’ compliance at DLA Piper. We thrive on our clients’ complex challenges, working in collaboration to deliver exceptional results - giving you the platform to use your expertise in financial crime and sanctions to the full; enabling our global law firm to protect, advise and drive our business forward.
This role, perfect for a compliance professional with previous experience working in a commercial/law environment , would see you: executing client identification and sanctions screening requests on behalf of DLA Piper's international offices utilising the Firm's AML/Sanctions processes and search tools; conducting client focussed risk assessments with regard to International AML/Counter Terrorist Financing Legislation and categorising clients using a risk based assessment approach; and working effectively as part of a team and assist with other tasks as allocated from time to time.
Can you do it? Yes, you can - if you combine commercial acumen and personal initiative, together with your knowledge of compliance hot topics and of the market as a whole.
Find out more about a critical role in a diverse, global team where you can reach your full potential. Click here.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") Compliance Assistant will:
- Execute client identification and sanctions screening requests on behalf of DLA Piper's international offices utilising the Firm's AML/Sanctions processes and search tools
- Conduct client focussed risk assessments with regard to International AML/Counter Terrorist Financing Legislation and categorising clients using a risk based assessment approach
- Work effectively as part of a team and assist with other tasks as allocated from time to time
- Ensure that data held for existing clients is correct and if necessary, amend and update the same
- Liaise with lawyers and secretaries throughout the International Firm in connection with queries arising from client identification and/or credit checking
- Establish identification requirements for existing clients in line with DLA Piper policy and the International standard of identification
- Research information (from the internet, relevant databases, other information sources) in relation to the identity of existing clients
- Request company searches and credit checks from external agencies.
- Collate, record and store identity, credit and other information relevant to the client identification process
- Screen new and existing clients as well as any adverse/other parties against Sanctions lists and identifying links to Politically Exposed Persons
- Analyse client identification information, identify the existence of any potential anti-money laundering issues and escalate such issues to the relevant Risk Manager or Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Maintain adequate records of the status of client identification throughout the identification process
- Deale with requests for amendments to existing client details on the Firm's accounting database and use electronic and other systems designed for on-going monitoring of clients' identity details
- Take ownership of building own technical competence to fulfil the role
- Work effectively as part of a team and assist with other client intake projects as allocated from time to time
- Previous experience working in a commercial/law environment would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Experience in a compliance/risk management role would be an advantage and candidates with extensive research and analysis experience will also be considered
- Candidates should ideally be educated to degree level but non-graduates with previous compliance or conflicts search experience will also be considered
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and over the telephone and by email with lawyers and members of staff throughout the International Firm as well as clients
- Ability to exercise initiative
- Ability to exercise initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to solve problems in a methodical and practical way
- Attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to understand, anticipate and fulfil the needs and expectations of lawyers within the International Firm
- Knowledge of computer systems including Windows-based PC software
- Proficiency in use of internet (as a research tool) and internet based applications
- Languages preferable, although not essential
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.