Paralegal - Investment & Development (Agricultural Property)
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll Work:
Trowers & Hamlins is ranked by The Lawyer as having one of the UK’s Top 15 Real Estate practices. Not resting on our laurels, we have plans to grow our national team and an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and quality-driven Paralegal to join our Exeter office. Working seamlessly with colleagues and clients in Exeter and across the country, the new recruit will benefit from a top-class Trowers & Hamlins training and enjoy the quality of work to match.
What you'll be doing:
To provide a full range of legal and paralegal support to the investment & development team in Exeter focusing on Agricultural Property work including:
- Assisting on land, property and farm acquisitions and sales
- Assisting with property lettings and farm business tenancies
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
- Carrying out searches and reviewing titles and documents
- Drafting of basic property documents
- Post completion reporting, scheduling
- Checking of schedules and management of documents
- Dealing with Land Registry and SDLT formalities
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents and deeds
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships
What you'll need:
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player
- Extensive IT abilities
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A willingness to learn
- Flexible and willing to go the extra mile
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Common sense and ability to use initiative
- Previous property experience
- Ability to provide documents to agreed timescales (essential)
- Previous experience in dealing directly with clients and an appetite to gain more exposure in this area (essential)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.