Junior Associate - (Litigation)
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
Legal Services Centre
Allen & Overy's Legal Services Centre (LSC) plays an increasing role in delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions, as well as in coordinating teams of lawyers from around the world. The LSC is a key part of A&O's advanced delivery of legal services to its clients, making intelligent use of technology and complementing the traditional law services provided by A&O throughout the world. We have created a truly collaborative culture where talented individuals work together and can flourish and achieve great things.
Having developed the right level of legal experience either as a Senior Legal Professional or through undertaking equivalent work elsewhere, Junior Associates can act as specialists within their practice groups or more broadly. At this point individuals are able to work independently, lead a team and be the first line of support for Associates and Senior Associates.
- Senior or managing Associates
- Junior Associates
- Senior Legal Professionals and LPs
- Clients (internal and external)
- Legal Technology and Project Management Office teams
Role and responsibilities
- Specialist and significant general legal knowledge
- Issue spotting and report writing/drafting
- Leading projects/teams
- Quality controlling the work of more junior members of the team
- Training junior team members
- Carrying out BD and presenting directly to clients
- Owning relationships with clients
- Continuing to build their own expertise and the profile of the LSC through spending periods on secondment to clients (internal or external)
- Generally, minimum of 4 years' experience within Litigation in a similar environment.
- Admitted to the roll as a solicitor, barrister or be a Fellow of CILEx
- Consistently demonstrate a professional manner with evidence of exceptional levels of judgement,
- commercial awareness and critical thinking
- Strong focus on detail and high levels of self-motivation
- Proven ability to take ownership of own work
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong relationship-building skills – a team player with the ability to establish credibility and inspire
- confidence with clients and senior colleagues
- Must show evidence of a high level of personal resilience coupled with an ambition to continuously challenge
- Demonstrate a high level of affinity with legal technology
This position will be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Additional information - External
Closing date for applications will be Monday 23/11 at 12pm