HR Administrator - 6 month FTC
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
The HR Service Centre at Allen & Overy provides a first class service to the firm, offering high quality administration support services through a range of specialist teams including HR Advice, the HR Systems Helpdesk, Resourcing, Graduate Recruitment, Payroll & Reward, Training & Events and Global Mobility.
Team Structure / Purpose
The HR Advice team in Belfast consists of an HR Administration Manager, HR Administration Specialist and five Administrators. The team provides timely and accurate generalist administration support to A&O’s HR processes relating to Performance Management, Client Secondments, Terms & Conditions, Leave, Absence and Exit processes. The team also provides the HR administrative support to the HR Trainee Team in London and are the key contact for the current and future Trainee population.
The HR Advice team utilise a workflow management tool called ServiceNow to enable the effective processing of work requests to service level agreements, ensuring that work is completed to a high standard and within allocated timeframes. The majority of requests will be received through self-service from HR Managers and Group Managers or by email or telephone from other HR business teams and employees.
Each Administrator within the HR Advice team is allocated to specific processes, enabling individuals to become subject matter experts. Individuals within the team rotate across processes on a regular basis to promote multiskilling and to build resilience across the team to cope with periods of annual leave or unplanned absence.
This is an ideal role for a strong administrator with a passion for customer service and aspirations to join the HR profession. You will need to be highly organised, with an eye for detail and have the confidence to communicate with employees and clients at all levels both in writing and on the telephone.
- Reports to the HR Administration Manager and Specialist.
- Engages with colleagues as a fully integrated member of the HR Advice Team.
- Builds relationships with colleagues across Belfast and London within functions that include Recruitment, Payroll, Global Mobility and the HR Manager community.
- Communicates by telephone and email with managers and employees in both fee earning practice groups and support functions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support across a number of key HR processes.
- Receives and manages HR cases via ServiceNow, emails and telephone, answering queries and escalating where necessary to maintain the most effective and efficient service possible.
- To maintain all relevant employee data and files in line with Data Protection protocols and update the Firms’ iManage personnel file management system.
- Support the HR Managers and HR Specialist teams in the generation, distribution and collation of annual HR processes, including bonus payments and salary.
- Escalates issues to the HR Administration Specialist as required and works with the specialist HR teams to find the appropriate solution.
- Exceptional customer skills gained in a service oriented commercial environment.
- Excellent administrative skills with a proven track record in producing work of the highest quality.
- Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with team members and customers at all levels.
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages with particular focus on drafting of documentation.
- Positive and proactive attitude and the ability to cope under pressure.
- Experience with HR case management and working towards SLAs would be desirable.
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract. The hours work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, 37.5 hours a week
Additional information - External
Applications will close on Friday 20/11/2020 at 5pm.