Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area: Ashurst Service Central (ASC)
Role: Process Writer
Reporting to: Service Improvement Manager
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working 8.5 hours a day including an hour for lunch, between the hours of 09:00 -17:30. However, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
We are looking for a diligent Process Writer to join our Firm during an exciting period of change. This crucial role will support the launch of our new Continuous Improvement (CI) programme through production of key process documentation and creation of work instructions based on the process improvements that will be delivered within our global shared service function (ASC).
The successful candidate will be part of our newly created Service Improvement team and will collaborate extensively with our Operational teams globally to develop a deep understanding of ASC processes and services, whilst accurately documenting improvements in process documentation, work instructions and training materials.
- Create process documentation, work instructions and training materials, whilst providing feedback on best practices to operational teams.
- Employ a diplomatic and tactful approach when engaging with ASC operational teams and their stakeholders to understand the services and processes they deliver.
- Create of standard format and standards for all operational and project documentation.
- Test and embed revised process documentation with operational teams.
- Collaborate with Operational Teams and CI Project Leads to revise documentation based on service and process improvements implemented.
- Assist Service Improvement Managers; CI Project Leads and Operational Teams in the mapping of As-Is and To-Be processes in continuous improvement projects.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proficiency across the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Previous experience of producing process documentation, work instructions and training materials.
- Demonstrated ability to capture process and system requirements.
- Understanding of Business Process evaluation and design techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a global team, communicating with stakeholders in multiple locations and ensuring validation of all process requirements.
- Resiliency with a capacity to respond to pressure and shifting demands.
- Proven experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and use initiative.
- Able to deliver quality outputs at pace.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of business analysis and process improvement methodologies.
- Experience of working in professional services organisation.
- Experience of working in customer service, shared services or outsource environment.