Change Manager - 12 Month FTC
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area: Change Management
Role: Change Manager – 12 Month FTC
Reporting to: Head of Business Change
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 09:30 - 17:30. You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations around the firm's global offices.
To support the successful transformation of the firm's Business Services operating model.
- Prepare people for the change, to minimise its impact on individuals and the business, and to enable the firm to realise expected benefits.
- Delivery of the change management activities for the Client Matter Lifecycle work stream of the BST portfolio (Business Services Transformation).
- These include stakeholder mapping and engagement plan, change impact assessments, managing change agent network, business readiness workshops, assistance with communications planning and execution, post go live activities.
- Analysing multiple sources of data and insight to identify issues and blockers, taking action to resolve and address the feedback.
- Identify and manage stakeholders to raise awareness of the business need for change.
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders to raise their awareness and understanding of the change, manage expectations about what the change will and won’t deliver, and to win their support and active participation where required in the delivery of change activities.
- Work with internal programme teams to manage dependencies on change activities and ensure the change approach is understood.
- Work within the Business Change function to ensure there is a consistent approach to change management across the firm.
- Input to maintain the Change Roadmap and manage associated risks and issues.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully managing business change within a professional services company (strong preference for law firm experience).
- Knowledge of the client matter lifecycle (in a legal environment).
- Proven skills and knowledge of change management disciplines, approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Experience in supporting and working with support staff such as business analysts, project managers and training teams.
- Able to influence outcomes at a mid-senior level within the organisation.
- Working within a structured project framework.
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure.
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of all elements of the project lifecycle.
- Able to listen and understand customer requirements.
- Able to manage business change activities within a large global transformation programme.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations.
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills.
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.
- Effective time management.
- Client focused.
Desired skills and experience
- Qualified PROSCI professional.
- Experience of working within a legal environment.
- Knowledge of client matter lifecycle processes including "order to cash".
- Knowledge of Intapp and/or a Finance & Practice Management Systems.