Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area: Ashurst Service Central (ASC)
Role: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: Service Improvement Manager
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working 8.5 hours a day including an hour for lunch, between the hours of 09:00 -17:30. However, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
We are looking for a meticulous Project Coordinator to join our Firm during an exciting period of change. As Project Coordinator for Ashurst Service Central (ASC), the incumbent will support the development and delivery of our new Continuous Improvement (CI) programme. This crucial role will support the delivery of improvement projects in our global shared service function through coordination of our CI project delivery, change control process, KPI reporting and staff development programmes.
As part of the Service Improvement team, you will collaborate with CI Project Leads, operational staff and stakeholders across Ashurst to accurately track project delivery against Firm strategy and business priorities. The successful candidate will take the lead in implementing best practise approaches for project tracking, reporting and benefits realisation ensuring that accurate data is made accessible and is presented in a meaningful way to operational staff and leadership teams.
- Coordinate tracking and monitoring of improvement projects to ensure key activities and milestones are met.
- Assist operational teams with the raising and management of change controls for enhancing services and processes.
- Assist CI Project Leads to ensure improvement projects are completed on schedule and associated benefits are fully realised.
- Create and manage meaningful, insightful dashboards to track project delivery using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for project delivery updates from ASC Leadership, in line with agreed project milestones.
- Support Service Improvement Managers to create and articulate clear standards for project tracking, reporting and benefits realisation.
- Liaise with other Project Management Office (PMO) teams in the Firm to share best practices and ensure project delivery is aligned with wider Firm transformation strategy.
- Employ a diplomatic and tactful approach when liaising with operational staff and stakeholders across the Firm.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- 3-5 years' experience working in a Project Management Office or similar project coordination role.
- Proficiency across the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong team-working skills with the ability to influence and motivate diverse teams to embrace and deliver sustained process improvement.
- The role involves extensive interactions with various stakeholders and therefore requires a combination of intellect, maturity, strength of character, and an ability to earn respect.
- Proven organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Self-motivated and possess demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results.
- Exceptional eye for detail coupled with analytical mind and problem-solving mindset.
- Adaptable, with the ability to track delivery of multiple, high profile projects.
- Able to deliver quality outputs at pace.
- Change agent with strong credibility and influencing skills.
- Works with and able to challenge senior leaders.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of project management and change management methodologies.
- Experience of working in professional services organisation.
- Experience of working in customer service, shared services or outsource environment.