Internal Communications Manager
Our platform, your impact
DLA Piper's Communications & Brand team is responsible for the successful delivery of PR, Internal and Digital communications that support the firm's strategy across the International LLP (EMEA & Asia Pacific).
As part of the continuing development of DLA Piper’s Law& offering, which delivers solutions beyond traditional legal services to help our clients’ businesses succeed. From consultancy to cutting-edge AI, it integrates technology and first-class commercial and legal knowhow. We are now seeking an Internal Communications Manager to drive engagement with Law&. The role holder will have the confidence and expertise required to win the support of senior stakeholders, and the ability and motivation to lead projects and add value, as part of our high performing team.
If you want to be part of our journey to become the world’s leading global business law firm - helping us redefine the possible - make the leap into your future, and speak to us today.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with the Senior Internal Communications Manager, Head of Communications & Brand, and the Law& Management Team to develop an internal communications strategy that is engaging and impactful.
• Help to drive employee engagement through creative campaigns, tactical use of channels and thoughtful/conscientious drafting and editing.
• Build relationships, drive and source content from teams across the firm, demonstrating our Law& strategy in action and emphasising key messages.
• Operate as an integral member of the Communications & Brand team, be responsible for influencing wider marketing teams and stakeholders on best practice communication approaches and tactics.
• Degree educated with internal communications experience either in-house or at a consultancy;
• Excellent command of English, with meticulous attention to detail;
• Experience working with intranets and other internal platforms;
• Experience working within a corporate environment or professional services organisation is desirable;
• Experience managing internal communications as part of high-value marketing campaigns is desirable;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to establish credibility with stakeholders;
• Display a consistently positive attitude and 'can do' approach;
• Be creative and proactive and able to give and take direction;
• Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines;
• Display a proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information;
• Be motivated and resourceful, a team-player and multi-tasker;
• Be able to build and maintain strong relationships acting as an effective brand ambassador and an internal change agent;
• Be IT literate - experience of Excel, Word 2003 and Outlook is essential; experience of using internal communication tools and software desirable;
• Have the ability to understand and identify with the firm and its objectives and values.
• London is preferred location but can be flexible with travel to London once a month (assuming travel guidelines make this permissible)
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.