Our growth, your future.
DLA Piper thrives on complex challenges and delivers exceptional results to clients. We’re trusted advisors, innovators and game-changers, going above and beyond to accelerate growth and open new opportunities - the perfect place to develop and achieve your ambitions
This is a great opportunity for a Credit Control professional to gain valuable experience from a global professional services environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about data, finance, reporting, encompassed with excellent attention to detail and proactive manner.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the role is to support the business in managing the Firm's overall debt position in line with the International Credit policy and proactively reduce aged debt, whilst continuing a positive relationship with our internal and external clients.
- Collection of debt in line with the Firm's International Credit Policy to ensure both UK and department cash collection targets are achieved by liaising with Partners and external clients
- Ensure accurate and concise collection notes are maintained within the Firm's collection system to reflect the current debt position for internal reporting purposes
- Identify client disputes and ensure prompt resolution by working with both internal and external clients whilst ensuring escalation procedures are adhered to at all times
- Liaise and assist Partners in all aspects of credit control to ensure Firm and personal KPI's are achieved by way of telephone and face to face meetings when required including travel (when permitted) to other UK offices
- Provide detailed ledger analysis against objectives and targets to the Credit Control Team Leader when required
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the business
- A substantial background in credit control working in a target focused environment showing an ability to proactively achieve result
- Experience in a legal or professional service environment would be preferable but not essential
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written with the ability to deal with challenging conversations
- A proven track record of negotiating and influencing situations to a positive outcome whilst developing and maintaining relationships
- An understanding of the impact of aged debt on a business
- Has the ability to work towards deadlines and achieve objectives whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- A versatile and flexible approach which is essential at key financial points of the year
- IT literate - Must have excellent Excel skills
- Experience of using ARCS 2G or a bespoke collection system would be an advantage but not essential
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.