Associate - Residential Real Estate
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work:
Trowers & Hamlins is ranked by The Lawyer as having one of the UK’s Top 15 Real Estate practices. Core to that is the preeminent work we do for private individuals, consortia, partnerships and banks in the sale, purchase, development, and funding of residential property in central London.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and quality-driven lawyer to join our team specialising in this work. The team has the benefit of specialist support from colleagues in areas such as tax, planning, enfranchisement and construction, and works closely with commercial and corporate lawyers across the firm.
What you'll be doing:
- Clients are both UK and international, and include investors, developers, and financial institutions alike.
- The new recruit will be expected to work on matters such as:
- Acting on the sale and purchase of properties primarily in prime central London
- Property Management Development
In addition you will be expected to:
- Complying with core competencies as appropriate to the fee earner level of qualification
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships
- Active participation in marketing initiatives and cross-selling
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions
What you'll need:
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at each grade. In particular, for this role we require:
- Flexibility and positive outlook
- Strong client focus and service delivery
- Strong attention to detail
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Cultural and international awareness
Experience and qualifications required:
- Excellent academic record and training
- Qualified solicitor who is likely to have a minimum of 3 years PQE with relevant expertise in residential property
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.