Paralegal - Restructuring - B4
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
The Restructuring group is continually ranked in the top tier of all the leading guides and is consistently named as the leading restructuring and insolvency practice in the United Kingdom. The group is also heavily involved with 'new money' work, which ranges from high profile public bids and project financing, to secured and unsecured syndicated loans and a wide variety of structured financings and refinancings. The group often works on deals which require liaising closely with other areas of work in the firm's Banking practice, and analysing insolvency related issues arising from complex structured finance transactions.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Restructuring team within the Banking Department in London on a full time, permanent basis. The role will consist of providing support services to fee earners and senior PSLs.
Role and responsibilities
- Establishing, updating and/or maintaining a number of client – facing and internal websites
- Collating information to assist with drafting and amending precedents, practice notes and training materials
- Processing changes and submissions to the Know-How system and assisting with the updating of SFPs
- Assisting with the administration and organisation of know-how materials for presentations
- Maintaining aspects of the Restructuring library
- Producing drafts of articles and internal alerts
- Responding to queries, general paralegal duties and support; and ad-hoc projects and legal research
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work hard within a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
Who we are looking for
- 2:1 law degree or equivalent
- Prior experience of working as a Paralegal either at A&O or another firm preferred
- High level of computer literacy
- Proven ability to effectively manage a busy workload and cope under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a professional manner
- Team Player
- High levels of initiative
- Willingness to learn
In this document, Allen & Overy means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings. The term partner is used to refer to a member of Allen & Overy LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or an individual with equivalent status in one of Allen & Overy LLP's affiliated undertakings.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.