Paralegal - B5 - 6 Month FTC
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
Allen & Overy’s Projects, Energy and Infrastructure group comprises over 70 partners globally and includes some 250 lawyers. The group advises sponsors, governments, construction companies and lenders on projects and project financings throughout the world. We provide our clients with a totally integrated service on all aspects of project work, drawing on and marshalling Allen & Overy’s specialist skills in all relevant areas of law. Our projects group is recognised as ‘top-tier’ in all the major legal directories. Allen & Overy has consistently closed more project finance deals globally than any other law firm since 2000.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Projects, Energy & Infrastructure knowledge team, linked to the General Banking knowledge team within the Banking Department, in London on a full time, 6 month contract (with a view to this being extended). The role will consist primarily of providing support services to the Projects, Energy & Infrastructure team’s senior PSL and fee earners, both globally and in London.
Role and responsibilities
- Establishing, updating and/or maintaining a number of client-facing and internal websites
- Collating information to assist with drafting and amending precedents, practice notes and training materials
- Profiling know-how and submitting to the knowledge system.
- Knowledge collection management: Assisting with the administration, updating and online organisation of know-how materials for presentations and knowledge sharing
- Organising and maintaining aspects of the bible library (online and soft copy)
- Producing, reviewing and proof-reading drafts of articles, documents, internal alerts and client-facing brochures
- Responding to queries, general paralegal duties and support; working on ad-hoc projects and carrying out legal research
- Assisting with organisation of internal and client-facing training and events
- Monitoring current awareness resources for relevant developments and internal/client-acting publications.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet deadlines as and when required
- Organised and methodical approach to work, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and professional attitude towards clients and all colleagues, with excellent communication, responsiveness and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active, solutions-oriented approach and ability to use initiative intelligently, including knowing when to seek advice
- Ability to implement the above skills in a virtual working environment, working remotely, and be self-motivated in addressing and completing tasks
Who we are looking for
- 2:1 law degree or equivalent
- Sound level of computer literacy (including Word and Excel)
- Strong interest in and willingness to learn about the energy and infrastructure sectors developed through study or previous work experience
- Prior work experience either at A&O or another firm, or in an equivalent role in the energy/infrastructure sector, may be an advantage
- A team player understanding of need to adapt around others’ workloads and excellent attention to detail
- LPC is desirable but not essential
- Availability beyond 6 months may be an advantage
In this document, Allen & Overy means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings. The term partner is used to refer to a member of Allen & Overy LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or an individual with equivalent status in one of Allen & Overy LLP's affiliated undertakings.