Legal consultants (interim) - 2-5 PQE Arbitration - London
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy is a global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers. Ours is a new way to amplify your talents and ambitions whilst accessing the best work, clients, support, resources (including PI insurance) and earning potential. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com.
Peerpoint are currently looking for highly-skilled and self-driven lawyers with top tier arbitration experience to primarily provide support to A&O’s leading International Arbitration practice.
The practice has extensive experience of commercial arbitrations in a number of sectors, including those relating to financial products, energy (including gas pricing) and natural resources, insurance, telecoms and life sciences. They also have significant experience in handling investment treaty arbitrations.
Consultants will represent clients in complex, high-value commercial arbitrations conducted under all the major arbitral rules, including those of the LCIA and ICC. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Drafting of notes of advice, written pleadings and other materials;
- Working with factual and expert witnesses in relation to the preparation of their evidence;
- Drafting correspondence relating to the case, including with the tribunal
- Working with the team in relation to matters such as document production; and
- Play an active role in relation to case management issues
There may also be opportunities to support our external clients which include the major financial institutions.
Successful applicants will:
- have two to five years' post-qualification experience at a magic circle law firm or a firm ranked as top tier in International arbitration;
- exposure of litigation & investigations would be beneficial
- have experience of the duties listed above. Note we are not looking for lawyers with extensive document review experience;
- have a commitment to building a career as a self-employed consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK.
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.