Legal consultants - 2-5 PQE Litigation & Investigations - London
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy is a global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers. Ours is a new way to amplify your talents and ambitions whilst accessing the best work, clients, support, resources (including PI insurance) and earning potential. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com.
Peerpoint are currently looking for highly-skilled and self-driven lawyers with top tier dispute resolution experience to primarily provide support to A&O’s market leading Litigation and Investigations Group.
The Group acts for the most significant financial institutions and corporates in core product areas of Commercial Litigation, Finance Litigation, Crime and Investigations, and Contentious Regulatory. Consultants will play an instrumental role in liaising with and advising clients on a range of issues including strategic M&A, restructuring disputes, bribery and corruption, money laundering, and FCA investigations.
Other responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Drafting advice;
- Advising individuals in interviews with the regulators;
- Preparing clients for court proceedings and trials;
- Advising clients in meetings, on the phone and in writing;
- Liaising with clients;
- Attending client meetings;
- Legal research; and
- Assisting with second level or key document review exercises from time to time.
There may also be opportunities to support our external clients which include the major financial institutions.
Successful applicants will:
- have two to five years' post-qualification experience at a magic circle law firm or a firm ranked as top tier in Litigation & Investigations;
- have in depth experience of the responsibilities listed above. Note we are not looking for lawyers with extensive document review experience;
- have a commitment to building a career as a self-employed consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK.
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.