Legal consultants (interim) - IBOR projects (2-7 PQE) - London
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy is a global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers. Ours is a new way to amplify your talents and ambitions whilst accessing the best work, clients, support, resources (including PI insurance) and earning potential. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com.
The transition away from the interbank lending rate (IBOR) will be the most significant change financial services organisations have seen for 30 years.
To prepare for this we are already working with businesses that are expanding their teams globally by supplying top-tier interim lawyers in a variety of project roles, from due diligence on contract exposures, to providing specialist product advice in areas such as regulatory, loans, derivatives, structured finance and bonds. There are also a number of roles available within A&O to support major client projects.
We are ideally looking for lawyers with 2 to 7 years PQE with experience in the below practice areas to join these project teams:
- Banking and finance
- International capital markets (derivatives and structured finance, debt and equity capital markets, securitisation)
- Financial services regulation
- Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of two years' post-qualification experience at a firm ranked as top tier in their area of expertise;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution (directly or as a secondee);
- have a commitment to building a career as a self-employed consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have proven project management skills;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK.
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.