Legal consultants (interim) - 2-7 PQE Corporate (M&A/ ECM) - London
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint by Allen & Overy is a global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers. Ours is a new way to amplify your talents and ambitions whilst accessing the best work, clients, support, resources (including PI insurance) and earning potential. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com.
Legal consulting offers fresh opportunities at an earlier point in your career than you might imagine. We are currently looking for self-driven corporate lawyers with 2-7 years’ top-tier post-qualification experience to undertake assignments within our clients, which include the major financial institutions and global corporates, and also support A&O's leading corporate practice. Particular expertise in public and private M&A, private equity and/ or equity capital markets is required.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of two years' post-qualification experience at a firm ranked as top tier in their area of expertise;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution (directly or as a secondee);
- have a commitment to building a career as a self-employed consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have proven project management skills;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK
Examples of recent opportunities
- A corporate and commercial lawyer supporting a Fintech with their initial launch assisting with obtaining licences, drafting shareholder agreements and commercial contracts.
- An opportunity for a corporate lawyer to support the ECM and M&A legal team within a leading investment bank.
- A corporate lawyer supporting an investment management company with M&A transactions
- Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.