Continuous Improvement Project Lead
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area: Ashurst Service Central (ASC)
Role: Continuous Improvement Project Lead
Reporting to: Service Improvement Manager
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working 8.5 hours a day including an hour for lunch, between the hours of 09:00 -17:30. However, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
We are looking for an ambitious CI Project Lead to join our Firm during an exciting period of change. As a CI Project Lead for Ashurst Service Central (ASC), the incumbent will support the development and delivery of our new Continuous Improvement (CI) programme. The role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to develop their CI skills through delivery of tangible improvements to ASC services and processes, whilst helping embed a strong CI culture in a fast-paced global shared service environment.
As part of the Service Improvement team, you will collaborate with ASC staff and stakeholders across Ashurst to define process improvement priorities and cultivate the creation of a CI mindset. The role will be responsible for identifying service needs and take the initiative to deliver complex process improvements. As a Subject Matter Expert on CI, you will have the opportunity to coach and train colleagues on the use of improvement tools and techniques to deliver process improvements in alignment with overall Firm strategy and business priorities.
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects from scoping to delivery across ASC global services and processes.
- Support the development of CI mindset across ASC Global Function though coaching and various improvement initiatives.
- Coach staff in delivery of improvement initiatives and projects using appropriate CI methodology.
- Drive bottom line benefits within shared service environment to assist overall Firm strategy and business priorities.
- Deliver improvement inventions that aim to improve key metrics performance, generate savings and add business value.
- Apply CI technical and procedural knowledge to facilitate improvement workshops and events.
- Assist Service Improvement Managers and Process Writers in the mapping of As-Is and To-Be processes in continuous improvement projects.
- Act as an advocate for change and disseminate information that highlights the benefits of developing a continuous improvement culture across the Firm.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Certified Lean Sigma Greenbelt or Lean Practitioner preferred; if not certified then a strong CI mindset and delivery background (3-5 years) is required.
- Proficiency across the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong team-working skills with the ability to influence and motivate diverse teams to embrace and deliver sustained process improvement.
- The role involves extensive interactions with various stakeholders and therefore requires a combination of intellect, maturity, strength of character, and an ability to earn respect.
- Proven organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Passion and sense of urgency for executing performance improvement projects.
- Change agent with strong credibility and influencing skills.
- Works with and able to challenge senior leaders.
- Self-motivated and possess demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results.
- Demonstrated strong process and project management skills.
- Exceptional eye for detail coupled with analytical mind and problem-solving mindset.
- Experience in facilitating workshop and coaching/ mentoring activities.
Desired skills and experience
- Extensive experience of project management and change management methodologies.
- Experience of working in professional services organisation.
- Experience of working in customer service, shared services or outsource environment.