Legal consultant 5+ PQE – commercial / data privacy – London
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working on assignments with Allen & Overy or directly with clients as a legal consultant. Assignments are usually at least six months in duration and tend to require you to work a minimum of four days per week. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com and download our UK candidate brochure.
We are currently looking for self-driven lawyers with 5 to 10 years’ top-tier post-qualification experience in commercial law, particularly in commercial contracts, eCommerce or data privacy law.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of four years' post-qualification experience at a law firm ranked as top tier for commercial contracts, eCommerce/ payments or data privacy;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution or corporate (directly or as a secondee);
- have a commitment to building a career as a legal consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have proven project management skills;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK.
Examples of recent opportunities
- A commercial lawyer working with a technology start up to review legal processes to ensure they are fit for purposes and negotiate a range of commercial contracts
- An eCommerce lawyer supporting the payment services arm of a US bank
- A senior data privacy lawyer managing a global bank's EMEA data protection, processes and retention
- A commercial lawyer supporting a growth technology company advising on a variety of commercial contracts and data protection matters
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.