Legal consultants (interim) - 2-7 PQE banking & finance - London
Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working with Allen & Overy and directly with clients. Assignments are usually at least six months in duration and tend to require you to work a minimum of four days per week. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com and download our UK candidate brochure.
Legal consulting offers fresh opportunities at an earlier point in your career than you might imagine. We are currently looking for self-driven banking and finance lawyers with 2-7 years top-tier post-qualification experience, particularly in areas such as leveraged finance and general lending.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of two years' post-qualification experience at a firm ranked as top tier in their area of expertise;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution (directly or as a secondee);
- have a commitment to building a career as a consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have proven project management skills;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- have excellent academic credentials;
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- have a right to work and reside in the UK
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.
Examples of recent opportunities
- A banking lawyer supporting the Allen & Overy practice on transactions on both the sponsor and lender side.
- A lending lawyer supporting a global bank’s commercial banking business, providing legal advice in connection with lending and security products.
- A leveraged finance lawyer supporting an investment bank’s legal team with, principally, leveraged finance, as well as structured finance, funds financing and fixed income special situations opportunities throughout EMEA.