Associate, Restructuring & Special situations
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst has a leading European and Australian restructuring practice. The Restructuring and Special Situations Group acts for senior lenders, distressed investors, debtors and insolvency practitioners in all aspects of corporate insolvency and restructuring. The RSSG team is largely non-contentious, working closely with the disputes team when more litigious matters arise.
We are currently looking for a qualified mid to senior level Associate to join our restructuring and special situations group (RSSG) in the London office. The successful candidates would work on the following sorts of matters:
- reviewing security, bond and loan documents with a view to advising parties on their rights following default
- advising on schemes of arrangement and related issues
- appointment of administrators, both by directors and by a QFCH
- pre-packaged administration sales of shares or businesses
- company voluntary arrangements
- advice to directors on their duties
- coordinating advice from foreign law firms in relation to cross-border restructurings or insolvencies
- loan to own strategies by distressed investors
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified mid to senior level lawyer with post-qualification experience at a major law firm
- Experience at a law firm recognised for its restructuring practice in some or all of the above areas of work.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents and agreements in a private practice environment
- An adaptable individual who is a fast learner, with experience dealing with multiple jurisdictions.
- A team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs
- Experience of negotiating with counterparts.
- A commercial approach