Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
As a key member of the firm's Business Operations team, the Operations Executive will support the Operations Director and the Head of Communications & Strategy on the delivery of firm wide strategic projects and day-to-day operational activities across the firm's offices in the UK and internationally.
What you'll be doing
- Involvement in the delivery of firm wide strategic projects such as the firm's future workplace strategy. Tasks could include facilitating brainstorming meetings; liaising with consultants; project management; internal communications; and summarising key meetings
- Supporting the firm wide business planning process. Tasks could include: refreshing templates; providing guidance to partners and directors of business services; and putting systems in place to help the senior management team track and analyse progress
- Supporting on internal communications across the firm working with the Senior Partner, the Senior Management Team and the Directors of Business Services.
- Assisting with the preparation of business cases and proposals for Board approval
- Assisting with the preparation of agendas for and delivery of internal events, conferences, Board away days etc.
- Preparation of and assistance with presentations for the Senior Management team, Senior Partners and Managing Partners
- Liaison with the Board, the Executive, Business Services Directors and Partners as required
- Facilitation of meetings, preparation of papers and co-ordinating action points
What you'll need
- Degree level and/or relevant experience
- Some previous business experience, ideally in a professional services environment. Business development experience would be of particular interest
- This role may suit a professional from a support discipline within a law firm. Equally, this may suit a career minded, ambitious person, from any background, seeking an opportunity to develop their business skills
- Gravitas with ability to build relationships and influence
- Commercial acumen and excellent client service (internal and external)
- Ability to manage sensitive situations with diplomacy and confidence
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Self-motivated, with a positive, pro-active and enthusiastic approach to work
- Shows a commitment to exceed expectations
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and in writing
- High level organisational and planning skills
- Innovative and creative with the confidence to generate and promote new ideas
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.