5 days left
- Experience Level
- 5+ yrs PQE
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Role Location: London EC1A
Role opening date: 02/10/2020
Role closing date: 02/11/2020
Our Growth, Your Future.
The DLA Piper team operates globally across more than 40 countries, but we’re still locally connected.
This is your opportunity to join our market-leading Insurance and Reinsurance team and enjoy a uniquely dynamic range of international work.
The growing team will offer you the widest platform to progress your career. You will be supported by one of the largest and strongest teams globally to build your practice.
Find out more about how to build your future with us.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Associate within DLA Piper's market-leading Insurance and Reinsurance team in London.
This is an opportunity to join an ambitious, dynamic and growing team which is already recognised for its international capability to advise on a wide variety of complex, large-scale insurance and reinsurance disputes. You will have the opportunity to represent insurers and reinsurers in all forms of dispute resolution – litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution - across a wide range of insurance and reinsurance classes of business. You will be a candidate looking to contribute in a material way to the strategic development of the team’s practice and to optimise excellent prospects for personal career development and advancement.
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 5 and 8 years' PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role. Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong insurance / reinsurance coverage and disputes experience gained in a leading City firm
- Experience advising and representing insurer clients on Financial Lines, Directors & Officers, Warranty & Indemnity, and complex Professional Indemnity insurance coverage disputes and defence of third party claims, in particular, would be advantageous
- A deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to our clients and the ability to manage a complex and varied workload
- Commercial awareness and understanding of current key legal and business issues
- Excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- Professional, quality service executed in a timely manner, responding effectively to requests from internal and external clients
- Understanding of positive client support
- Ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively in a team, sharing information and knowledge
- Effective supervision of junior colleagues and the motivation to contribute positively and supportively to the development of others within a team
- Compliance with professional standards and all relevant regulatory obligations
- Ability to recognise and seize opportunities for the firm, including repeat business
- Development of an effective network of internal and external contacts
- Awareness of business development initiatives and the ability to identify ways to contribute collaboratively to the development of the team’s relationships with clients
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.