Reporting Business Analyst - Finance Transformation Programme
DLA Piper, an international leading law firm, currently on its transitional journey of becoming the law firm of the future, embracing change, investing in and driving modern initiatives, including vast support of data management in all areas of the business, is commencing a major finance systems transitional project - Vector and looking for an experienced Reporting Business Analyst.
The Vector programme's objective is to replace the firms Practice Management System(PMS) which will be out of service in 2022. The Practice Management system (PMS) is core to the operations of the firm, handling the creation and distribution of bills, revenue management along with the core accountancy functions and controls, therefore the project in questions is high exposure and complex programme, which will impact all aspects of the firm functions, people, and offices.
We are looking for a Reporting Business Analyst, to join the reporting stream of the programme, ideally located in Sheffield or London. The successful candidate will be passionate about reporting and data, will ideally have experience within the finance systems transformation programmes The Reporting Business Analyst will closely collaborate with the Programme Manager, reporting and functional design teams.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development of a firm wide reporting strategy
- Engage with stakeholders across the business to catalogue all as-is reporting requirements and outputs
- Work with the Reporting lead and Functional Design lead to define and apply a prioritisation and rationalisation methodology to reporting catalogue
- Work with technical resources and other key stakeholders to map requirements to target landscape
- Define and deliver all required reporting requirements for the target state technologies
- Build functional specification for the vendors to build from
- Support the functional testing of reporting outputs
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the stream to the Programme Manager
- Build and nurture relationships with SME's, process owners and other programme and firm key stakeholders
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience within a project management environment with a focus on finance systems transformation
- Proven success in the execution of finance transformation activities or projects
- Effective communication skills including documentation and workshop facilitation and ability to present and discuss at all levels within the firm
- Understanding of business goals and objectives
- Understanding of the core components of the project lifecycle
- Great team working skills and a passion for delivering results
- Able to work independently and adapt to change
- Ability to judge and manage priorities effectively and work to tight timescales
- Worked in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Recognised Business Analyst qualification/certification
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of working with Elite Enterprise or similar legal PMS
- Relevant business analysis accreditation
- An understanding of database design
- In depth understanding of financial processes (Ideally in a legal context)
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.