UK Account Manager
DLA Piper has an International Key Client Programme and alongside this is the UK Key Client programme which ensures that the Firm services, manages and develops some of its largest relationships to best effect.
Working with a portfolio of the UK business’s Key Clients, this person will work with Client Relationship Partners (CRP), and teams, to develop specific client relationships identifying opportunities for growth, following through to delivery and optimising revenue. The role will be client facing and will also involve liaising internally with other business services teams and lawyers to ensure the client is best served.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Client Relationship Manager (CRP) to develop a client service plan identifying areas to target, relationship map, KPIs etc
- Work with the CRP and the Finance specialist for the key client to establish most appropriate management tools, systems and billing processes. Take the lead when working closely with the Finance specialist for the key client
- Work with CRP and core team on Marketing and BD activity, in particular in identifying opportunities and delivering pitches and proposals in relation to the accounts
- Implement systems and procedures to promote consistency and quality of client service
- Ensure delivery of commitments made during proposal process and on-going
- Take responsibility for communication and enforcement of service levels
- In conjunction with the CRP, build and nurture a core team around the clients
- Develop relationships with the client becoming the key contact person where appropriate
- Ensure intelligence about the client is shared within the core team and wider firm as appropriate
- Ensure the account is managed in accordance with best practice processes e.g. regular CRM reviews and in line with the firm’s client management methodology
- Demonstrate previous experience of managing client relationships, ideally in a professional services environment Identify information requirements and manage projects. Evaluate and present information clearly
- Identify information requirements and manage projects. Evaluate and present information clearly
- Contribute information and ideas to the strategy
- Create and implement client development plans
- Manage communication activities
- Input to competitive and sustainable pricing policies
- Manage and monitor the provision of effective customer service
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing activities and work seamlessly with marketing colleagues Manage individuals and teams with no line management responsibility
- Manage individuals and teams with no line management responsibility
- Embrace change. Influence others to modify their behaviour and attitude where necessary
- Maintain relationships with other functions and disciplines within the organisation
- Demonstrate advanced stakeholder management, communication skills, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Be involved in activity which promotes the overall well-being and/or standing of the business; evaluate ethical codes to ensure marketing activities are compliant
- Develop and manage budgets demonstrating analytical skills to interpret financial information
- The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time
- Educated to University degree level
- Knowledge of Marketing/Business Development processes - a sound understanding of new business processes, CRM as a concept and the emerging technologies needed to help win and retain clients' legal work
- Sales techniques and coaching skills
- A professional approach, score highly in terms of commitment and internal client care
- Excellent communication and project management skills. Strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and persuade legal and client personnel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- A proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Ability to see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
- Display a consistently positive attitude and proactive approach being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; collaborative working style
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers