Associate, Corporate Investment Funds
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently looking to recruit a bright and ambitious Associate to join our global investment funds practice, based in London. The successful candidate will join this exciting team which advises a diverse client and sector base on all types of investment funds, from real estate funds, private equity funds and infrastructure funds to hedge funds and fund structured products.
The successful candidate will have a broad diet of legal work which will include reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal documentation in relation to Private Equity Funds. They will work with lawyers at DLA Piper and with clients from around the world, advising them on their funds and corporate investments, with a particular focus on advising international institutions making investments into emerging and frontier markets.
The successful candidate with have the following experience and qualifications:
- A qualified Solicitor with experience supporting private equity investments in emerging markets and with a focus on social impact
- Ability to advise on and negotiate documentation in relation with GP removal and replacement
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Specific and extensive experience of negotiating fund and private equity investments in emerging and frontier markets for international development finance institutions and other impact investors
- Commercially astute and stays current on key legal and business news
- Excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- Drafts documents using a commercial and client focused style
- Experience in working across various legal jurisdictions and cultures
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.