Senior Associate and Legal Director, Employment
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Role Location: Leeds LS1
Role opening date: 14/08/2020
Role closing date: 13/10/2020
Our Success, Your Opportunity.
DLA Piper thrives on complex challenges and delivers exceptional results to clients. We're a team of trusted advisors, innovators and game-changers, going above and beyond to challenge the status-quo.
This is your opportunity to become an integral leader and be part of a full-service global business law firm in our growing Employment team. You will manage a broad range of high profile and complex issues arising in the employment lifecycle across the UK and internationally. You will support our broad range of clients, from start-ups to emerging multinationals and some of the biggest and best-known global brands in the world.
Find out how to join us now.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an opportunity to join our growing Employment team and be part of a full-service global business law firm in our growing Employment team. We work as one team across the UK and you will therefore support Partners across all six UK offices, whilst based in our Leeds office.
Our clients range from start-ups to emerging multinationals and some of the biggest and best-known global brands in the world. We work with our clients locally, internationally and across borders. Our global reach and local knowledge means that we can partner with clients to drive consistency, deliver cost savings and help them identify and manage their priorities and risk across multiple locations.
Key areas of responsibility:
This is your opportunity to become an integral leader and to manage a broad range of high profile and complex issues arising in the employment lifecycle across the UK and internationally. You will work with our global team to drive change, open new opportunities and accelerate growth for both our clients and our people.
You will deliver exceptional results to clients by advising on:
- Insolvency and restructuring for our international clients
- Expansions and reductions-in-force
- Outsourcing and corporate transactions
- Domestic and international employee relations (including tribunals)
- Data protection
- Protecting business interests
Skills, experience and characteristics:
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have upwards of 6 years PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Solicitor or barrister, ideally qualified in England & Wales or a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Be an experienced employment law practitioner with experience managing global restructures
- Have experience working across jurisdictions and advising international clients
- Have a proven track record of leading workstreams and negotiations
- Have one or more areas of special interest/expertise e.g. sector experience, NMW, worker status, discrimination, data privacy
- Recognise and seize opportunities for the firm, including repeat business
- Build and develop own network of internal and external contacts
- Be commercially astute and stays current on key legal and business news
- Have excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- Be aware of business development initiatives in the department and identifies ways to contribute
- Maintain a controlled, objective and flexible approach under pressure
- Be proactive and innovative
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
PRE ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.