Legal Applications Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Applications Analyst to join our IT team. The successful candidate will become our internal expert on Legal Technologies, with a particular focus on Microsoft Teams.
The main purpose of this role is to provide operational and technical support to the users of business applications within Osborne Clarke, helping to ensure that the business benefits of these applications continue to be achieved throughout their lifetime and that the return on the firm's investments in technology are maximised.
This role specifically relates to the bringing of technology to the process of providing legal services to our clients, and so will involve working closely with practicing lawyers on solutions such as Microsoft Teams for collaboration and Matter/Task Management, Document Automation (using Contract Express), and potentially on other innovative legal service delivery methodologies such as the use of Artificial Intelligence/Automated Document Review.
Based in our Bristol office this role will be full-time although we are happy to consider flexible and home working for this position.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 lawyers in 25 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. And our unique approachable culture is not just an added extra, it’s fundamental to our success.
Within IT we have a supportive culture, and believe in encouraging our people to progress in their careers through personal development and training.
Application Support are integral to the success and growth of the business, through providing support to users within OC; enabling the required business processes needed for the whole firm to be successful.
What you'll do
A significant part of this role will involve helping the business to maximise the value in its investment in Microsoft Teams, Contract Express and any other technologies that we may adopt in the future.
The role will also require the provision of technical support of other applications that may include Document Management, Practice Management (finance), etc, to be agreed depending on the skill set of the role holder.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be a primary resource for building knowledge through knowledge sharing initiatives, via documentation and knowledge base articles but also through dissemination direct to others across the IT function.
- Work in collaboration with suppliers, maintainers, and with other members of the Global IT team to ensure the smooth delivery of software services and products to the business and to investigate and manage through to resolution as efficiently as possible, any problems being experienced with live applications.
- Build standing in the Applications Team by playing a full part in team activity, and developing relationships with the wider IT Team in order to fulfil the Applications Support responsibilities of the role.
- Circulate knowledge across the wider IT function, providing support to more junior members of the function but also to actively promote knowledge sharing initiatives and the development of an ITIL aligned knowledge management system.
- Act as an IT Business Partner, developing relationships with senior members of our legal teams in order to help promote the better use of technology in the transaction of legal work at OC.
- Support initiatives and create service improvements.
- Actively manage own personal training and development, identifying any suitable development opportunities.
- Assist in the maintenance of documentation of the tools used to monitor applications.
- Proactive in terms of application configuration suggestions.
- Any other duties that may be required to ensure the efficient operation of the Application Support service, including actively assisting colleagues in times of high demand.
What we're looking for
We're ideally seeking an individual with experience within a legal support or fee-earning role (e.g. Paralegal, Solicitor etc.) and experience of utilising Microsoft Teams, and implementing the technology to assist with legal service delivery.
You may also have been involved in systems implementation projects from an advisory perspective, but potentially also from a technical implementation and rollout perspective. Building relationships is key for this role so you will need to have a high level of customer service skills, quickly and appropriately responding to requests and ensuring that colleagues and clients are kept up to date on progress.
Additionally you will have:
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills, with the drive to exceed expectations set as part of a performance managed environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication, with the ability to negotiate both with internal customers and external suppliers.
From a technical perspective you should have a basic understanding of the majority of the following legal technologies:
- Microsoft Teams and the Office 365 platform in general
- Document Management Systems – ideally iManage Work
- Practice Management Systems – ideally Elite Enterprise
- Contact Relationship Management systems – ideally LexisNexis InterAction
- Digital Dictation – BigHand
- Time Recording – e.g. Intapp Time
Other desirable experience includes knowledge of:
- Case Management Systems – e.g. LexisNexis Visualfiles
- An understanding behind the concepts of Workflow
- ITIL best practice framework
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact Philippa Watson (Recruitment Advisor) in confidence on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
No agencies please.
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.