Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
Our clients require a seamless, multi-jurisdictional tax advisory service, whether on a stand-alone basis or as an integral part of the full legal service offered by Allen & Overy.
With over 100 tax specialists across our international network, we are able to offer both domestic and cross-border advice wherever our clients need it, whether they are financial institutions, corporate entities, funds or governments.
The depth and breadth of our knowledge ensures that we are able to support our clients' business needs successfully and provide high quality, innovative tax solutions in the increasingly complex area of tax legislation and practice.
We provide cutting edge advice to our clients in many areas, including M&A, reconstructions and reorganisations, strategic tax planning, tax investigations and disputes, joint ventures, asset finance, Tier 1 capital market transactions, banking, litigation, restructuring, tax, structured finance and indirect tax. We encourage associates to remain generalists in the early stages of their careers and we have a structured training programme designed to develop first class legal and transaction handling skills. A career in our Taxation team can be highly challenging given the complexity and international dimensions to our work and a continuous emphasis on intellectual growth.
- Tax Partners, Associates and the wider team
- External clients
- Other internal departments (Corporate, Banking, ICM and Litigation)
- Business Development Manager
Role and responsibilities
- Providing high quality tax advice, whether in the context of large corporate and financing transactions, innovative tax planning opportunities arising from complex new tax legislation or in the resolution of major disputes
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of practice business development plan
- Contributing to the development of the Tax practice, including attending external conferences and networking
- Legal research
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Working effectively and collaboratively with colleagues
- Supervision of junior team members
Skills and Experience
- Qualified lawyer (junior/mid level)
- Strong technical knowledge of Corporate Tax law
- Excellent academic credentials
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Proven experience of operating at Associate level
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- Ability to mentor junior lawyers
- A person of sound judgment with ability to establish a high level of credibility
Who we are looking for
We are looking for high quality applicants with strong tax law experience to join a dynamic team where the quality of work is second to none.