Senior Associate, Tax (London or Newcastle)
Our London tax team works across all areas of commercial taxation and advises on transactions spanning wide range of industries.
As part of the global tax group, we operate across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia and Africa; the geographical spread of our team enables us to provide a uniquely global tax service to our clients, and to advise on tax issues which arise in the different jurisdictions in which our clients do business.
We provide a full service for all corporate, finance and property transactions. We combine this with our strong sector focus, which differentiates us from other tax groups. Our tax lawyers are not just rated for their tax skills, but for their industry knowledge. Clients include major corporates, banks, and other financial institutions. Our client base also includes a wide range of domestic and international property clients together with key players in the retail and investment industry sectors.
The team also has a successful and busy contentious tax practice, acting on complex dispute resolution and tax litigation.
An opportunity has arisen for mid-level and junior associates to join our Tax department in London. The work will include a broad mix of tax work (including contentious tax and employee incentive matters) for UK and international clients both on standalone matters and in conjunction with other teams.
We are looking for candidates who have the ability to handle complex transactions and to give clear written and oral advice.
Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified lawyer with relevant experience
- Strong technical ability and excellent academic background
- Ability to work on a range of transactional and non-transactional work, predominantly in the corporate and finance sectors.
- Experience in developing relationships and business development
- Ability to provide outstanding client service
- Ability to develop and apply technical knowledge and professional skills
- Work effectively with and through people
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.