Solicitor - Disease (1-4 PQE)
The London Claims Solutions Group are looking for an enthusiastic qualified solicitor to join the Casualty Disease team.
If you would like to develop an ambitious career within a supportive team, and have experience of handling multi track EL and PL claims, then we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this role but have some questions you'd like to ask before you apply, please feel free to contact Emma Colls by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The team is made up of 13 fee earners and work for a mixture of household name insurer clients and self Insured companies which instruct us directly
- Your case load will be primarily assisting on international claims and multi track El and Pl claims.
- You may also be required to assist with care claims, attending inquests, carrying out investigations often with a regulatory aspect, considering voluminous disclosure and records on behalf of key insurer clients.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- You may be asked to support marketing and business development activity within the team. This will include meeting clients, attending training sessions and marketing events.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
- You shall exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on data, billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files and billing hours.
- Build an awareness of DAC Beachcroft's other services and strategies and build effective internal and external networks.
The Ideal Candidate
- Solicitor with a demonstrable interest and previous experience in the practice area with 1-4 years claims experience, ideally of an El/PL nature, experience of international claims would be an advantage but not a pre requisite.
- Good relationship and commercial/insurer client handling skills.
- A proven awareness of management information, client driven KPI's and their importance to meeting client expectations.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
We are delighted to offer our employees an attractive remuneration package which incorporates a competitive bonus scheme alongside a variety of flexible benefits including private medical care.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.